Find Roofing Contractors Near Me
Get personalized pre-qualified offers with no impact to your credit score.
How TGUC Works
Estimate your project cost
Use our Cost Estimator technology to receive real time market data for similar projects in your area.
Get Approved & Matched
Get Contractor Quotes
What Our Customers Say
"I was so happy that TGUC provided a vetted contractor. This service saved me a TON of time, headache and money because I was able to get my work done quickly and within my budget."
Why TGUC For Roofing Contractors Near You
Years of Experience
so you can count on quality work.
References & Reviews
so you can benefit from their track record.
Contractors near you
Licensed In Bathroom Remodels
so you will know they are legitimate.
Bonded & Insured
Offers TGUC Financing
so you can receive the best rates in the market.
Vetted & Background Checked
How to Hire an Roofing Contractor Near Me
Our TGUC home improvement partners are vetted, background checked, and have years of experience. We match the best contractors for your project and budget. Here are some of the benefits of working with our our contractors.
- Years of experience, so you can count on quality work.
- Fair and market competitive pricing, so you can get value for your project.
- Solid, glowing references, and reviews, so you can benefit from their track record.
- Close in proximity to your project, so you will know they understand your market.
- Licensed in their industry, so you will know they are legitimate.
- Insured and bonded, so you can guarantee your project will be protected.
- Can offer TGUC Financial financing services, so you can receive the best rates in the market.
How Much Do Most Roofers Charge Per Square Foot?
The price per square foot on a new roof can depend on the material type being used. There are basic asphalt shingles, different types of metal roofing, and then slate, clay, and even zinc or copper tiles. Each different shingle or tile type is going to come with a different material and labor cost.
Here is a breakdown of the price per square foot on some of the most commonly used roofing materials in the US.
- Basic asphalt: $4.25 to $4.95 per square foot
- Premium asphalt: $4.50 to $8.25 per square foot
- Rubber or PVC: $5.50 to $7.50 per square foot
- Corrugated metal: $5.50 to $11.50 per square foot
- Steel: $8.50 to $12.65 per square foot
- Aluminum: $4.25 to $4.95 per square foot
- Cedar: $8 to $14.30 per square foot
- Metal panels: $10 to $17.05 per square foot
- Concrete: $11 to $19.80 per square foot
- Slate: $12 to $22 per square foot
- Clay: $12 to $24.75 per square foot
- Zinc: $18 to $28 per square foot
- Cooper: $21 to $39.70 per square foot
All prices include the cost of installation and materials.
Who Is The Best Roofing Company Near Me?
In any given region of the US, there are going to be trusted roof installation companies and independent contractors who can replace your roof for a fair price. The best way to find the best roofing company near you is to ask your friends, family, neighbors, and other people who live in your city. Most likely there is going to be one or two roofing companies that everyone tends to agree provides the best service and workmanship at the most reasonable price.
Additionally, if you are looking for the best roofing company in your area, you may want to do an online search and read all of the customer reviews and feedback. Within the feedback, you should be able to find a general consensus about what a particular roofing company does well and where it can improve. Not every company is going to be perfect, however, you should also be able to identify any red flags that may cause you to look for services elsewhere.
How Can You Tell A Good Roofer?
The first thing you should do when you are trying to find a roofing company to replace the roof on your house is make sure the company is properly licensed and insured in your state. If they are not, even if the price is amazing, it is critical you look elsewhere.
After you have determined a roofing company’s licensing and insurance status, the next step is to research the company online and ask for references directly from the roofing contractor. Reputable roofing contractors will have no problem giving you a list of customers to contact regarding the quality of work and professionalism they bring to every job. When researching a roofing company online, look for reviews both on the company site and on 3rd party review websites.
After you have found a few companies that you would consider working with based on their references and online reviews, go ahead and schedule an in-person consultation and ask for an estimate. The average cost of a new roof in the US is around $10,000, so if you see a figure that is either way above or way below, it could be a red flag.
Compare estimates from at least three different roofing contractors and go with the one who you think is going to be the best for your budget while meeting all of your needs.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace 1000 Sq Ft Of Roof?
For a smaller house around 1,000 square feet, a homeowner could expect to pay somewhere between $4,000 and $5,500 for a roof replacement. Cost can depend on the material type and location of the home.
Which Type Of Roof Lasts The Longest?
The longest-lasting roofs tend to be made from slate, clay, or concrete tiles. Slate is by far the longest lasting with an estimated life span of up to 150+ years. Clay and concrete come in next with an estimated life span of around 100 years.
What Should I Watch Out For In A Roofing Contract?
Although most roofing contractors are honest and hardworking folks, you still should always be diligent and read all of the fine print that any roofing contract may contain. Here are some of the most common things to watch for before signing a roofing contract.
- Look for hidden fees: Sometimes fees like permit fees, travel expenses, and additional material costs can creep into a contract that was never included in the estimate. Make sure to fully review the charges.
- Contingencies on guarantees: Look for any timelines placed on warranties or exceptions that would nullify a guarantee.
- Straightforward payment schedule: Your payment schedule should be simple and broken up into a few different payments. Never pay for the entire cost of the job upfront.
- License and insurance: Make sure that the roofing contract contains the roofing contractor’s state license number and insurance information.
What Time Of The Year Is Cheapest To Replace Roof?
The cheapest time of the year to get a roof replacement is late winter or early spring. Roofers tend to be the busiest during the summer and fall months.
How Often Should A Roof Be Replaced?
How often you should replace your roof really depends on the material type. For example, asphalt shingles should be replaced every 15 to 30 years whereas a metal roof can last between 50 to 75 years. Additionally, concrete can last up to 100 years and slate up to 150 years.
How To Check A Local Roofing Contractor License?
There are two ways to find a local roofing contractor’s license number. You can either contact your local city building department or you can do a search through the National Roofing Contractor Association.
Fill Out This Form to Get Roofing Contractor Quotes Today!