Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
A good remodeling contractor can help you change your home to make it more livable as well as increase its value. If your home a minor renovation or a major remodel, we can help with the financing. Find remodeling contractor quotes near me.
Our TGUC home improvement professionals are vetted and have years of experience. We match the best contractors for your project and budget. Here are some of the values we have about our contractors.
- Years of experience
- Solid, glowing references
- Close to your locations
- Licensed in their industry
- Insured and bonded
- Can offer TGUC Financial financing services
Calculate Your Project Costs Below
And Get Remodeling Contractor Quotes Today!
Complete Guide to Home Remodeling
Licensing requirements for remodeling contractors vary from state to state. Check your state government’s website for more info. Some states require a contractor’s license while other states require only a business license. Architects, structural engineers, interior designers, plumbers, and electricians would be licensed from the state they work in. And some states may delegate some licensing requirements to counties and municipalities. Also check if a permit is required. Some minor work, like tile or flooring replacement won’t require a permit. Moving or extending walls would. This would be a city or county requirement.
All remodeling contractors should carry two types of insurance: general liability insurance to cover any damages to your property and worker’s compensation insurance to cover injuries to employees.
Remodeling contractors may also hold certifications from home construction associations. They may also have certifications from manufacturers of roofing, flooring, countertops, etc.
Some Examples of Popular House Addition Costs and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
There are plenty of spaces that you could add into your house as a house addition but there are three additions that are very popular. Adding an addition is one of the most creative ways to maximize the space in your place. TGUC Financial has options for home improvement loans.
1. Single Story Addition
This type of addition usually costs between $46,000 and $54,000 depending on the materials, design and the cost of labor.
2. Double Story Addition
This type of addition is popular because it truly maximizes your space by creating more rooms for your house. Although this type of addition is a major undertaking, the outcome can be amazing. The cost for this type of addition is between $55,000 and $68,000. The cost may still vary depending on your preferred design, materials used, and the labor.
3. Garage Conversion
This type of conversion became very popular because it allows a new room to be added without losing any part of your yard. However, it also has limitations on what kind of room it will be used for and depends on which part of the house it is located. The cost of an addition of this type is around $10,000 and $50,000 though the price will still depend on what type of room it will be, and the materials that will be used and of course the cost of labor.
Cost of Addition per Square Foot and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
The cost of an addition mostly depends on the size of the room. Below is the average cost per square foot of a room.
|Renovation/Remodel||Average Cost Recovery|
|Wood Deck Addition||80% – 85%|
|Siding Replacing||75% – 83%|
|Minor Kitchen Remodel||75% – 83%|
|Window Replacement||75% – 80%|
|Bathroom Remodel||70% – 78%|
|Major Kitchen Remodel||70% – 78%|
|Attic Bedroom Remodel||65% – 76%|
|Basement Remodel||65% – 75%|
|Two-Story Addition||65% – 74%|
|Garage Addition||60% – 70%|
Things to Consider in House Additions and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
Upon building the addition the homeowners are required to have the approval of their local government (usually city or, in unincorporated areas, county building agencies) and their
Requirements include structural integrity, fire safety, energy efficiency, damp proofing, ventilation and other aspects of the building codes. Another thing to consider is how big your addition will be. Next is finding the best designer that will meet your expectations. And, finally, you need to consider what will be the consequences of having a construction project on your property, for instance how you will live there with the construction activities going on.
Other Cost Factors to Consider in Expanding Your House and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
Budget planning really is a necessity when planning a project of this magnitude. It is also wise to consider all the different possible factors involved in your house project. Listed below are some of the factors to consider in expanding your house.
- Architectural Services: runs between $2,020 and $8,390
- Construction Site Prepping: costs between $1,200 and $4,110
- Additional Foundation: costs between $4,000 and $12,400
- Roof Trusses: anywhere from $30 to $600 (per truss)
- Support Beam Installation: costs $1,150 to $4,600
- Roofing: $80 to $100 per square foot (Asphalt Shingles and Galvanized Metal Flashing); $75 to $350 per square foot (Steel Roofing); $200 to $600 per square foot (Slate Shingles)
- Vinyl Siding Installation: about $4 per square foot
- Vinyl Trim Installation: $2 to $5 per square foot
- Drywall Ceiling and Wall Installation: ranges from $1 to $3 per square foot
- Insulation Installation: costs about $2 per square foot
- Door Installation: average cost is $950
- Additional Windows: anywhere from $85 to $1,400
- Crown Molding Installation for Ceilings: runs from $4 to $16 per linear foot
- Electrical Wiring: anywhere from $40 tp $100 per hour
- Flooring Installation: between $1,500 to $4,500
- HVAC Installation (Ducts and Vents): $1,050
Kitchens and Bathrooms and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
Not all remodels involve adding on a room. You might be happy with the floor plan of your house but the inside needs to be updated. Kitchens and bathrooms are the two areas that can get out of style and can’t be updated by simply painting and changing window coverings and furniture. Updating kitchens and bathrooms usually requires a remodeler because it can involve new flooring, appliances, cabinets, counters, tile, etc.
Kitchen Remodel Cost and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
The labor cost for a kitchen remodeling contractor is about $3,500 to $6,000. The flat fee for kitchen design fees is between $100 and $800. The plumbing is $920, while for electric installations is about $1,150.
Elements of a Kitchen
Storage is necessary for organizing stuff in your kitchen. The average cost for kitchen cabinets and hardware is $6700.
2. Kitchen countertops
Countertops are a must in every kitchen. They play a vital role in maximizing the usage of the kitchen. The average cost for a countertop installation is around $2,000 and $4,000. There is a wide choice of materials, from granite to concrete to wood and many more.
3. Kitchen Floors
A beautiful floor is not about looking good in the kitchen. Since you stand on it while working, a material and underlay that is comfortable is important. Flooring installation varies depending on its material. The average floor installation cost is between $1,000 and $4,500. the cost can change depending on the material used in the flooring installation.
What’s a kitchen remodel without new faucet and sink installations? These two are also vital elements of a kitchen. The average cost is around $150 and $550.
Like plumbing, the electrical element also is one of the vital aspects of a kitchen. Installation for this usually costs $50 to $100 per hour. But if you want an upgrade to the electrical panel the cost is around $1,000 and an extra outlet costs $175.
6. Gas lines
Although electric stoves are prominent, many homeowners prefer gas stoves. For a kitchen remodel, the gas line usually stays in the same place. If you need to it will cost between $250 and $800.
And last but not least, the kitchen appliances. The average installation for each appliance is around $100 and $300. Kitchen appliances have three different types. First is the custom built-in which costs $1,000 to $10,000 or more. Next is the high-end freestanding units which cost around $1,000 to $5,000. Finally, there are freestanding units that cost about $200 to $1,000. Although each type has different specifications, you will find what’s best for you. You can look for appliances with an EnergyStar rating to save money on the cost to run them.
Bathroom Remodel Cost and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
The labor cost for a bathroom remodel ranges between $50 to $75 per hour. But, there are two types of services. Below are the types of service and their average cost and rate.
1. General Contractor Rates
General contractors play a big role in constructing your home. They charge customers about 10% to 20% of the construction in your place. For a bathroom remodeling it ranges between $1000 and $2000.
2. Plumbing Services
Plumbing costs between $45 and $200 depending on the type of job. For a bathroom remodeling it usually costs about $4,000 and $8,000.
3. Non-Plumbing Services
For a bathroom remodel an interior designer costs between $100 and $500. Costs are dependent on the square footage and pro charges for the service.
On a regular visit, most home owners pay their electrician between a range of $160 and $52. For a bathroom remodel most owners pay between $50 and $100 per hour. The rate given depends on the type of project, and the license and experience of the service provider.
For a drywall installation most homeowners pay about $30 and $50 per hour.
Types of Bathrooms for Home and the Bathroom Remodel Cost and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
There are many types of bathrooms. The correct type of bathroom for your home will give you a more accurate price estimate for your remodel. The cost of a bathroom remodel also depends on the size, it’s type, and the client’s preference. Below are the types of bathrooms and their descriptions.
Bathrooms categories vary based on their size and function. There are plenty of choices for each type, even the smallest bathroom.
1. Three fixture bathroom
Designed for one person to use at a time, and the three fixtures can include a sink, toilet, and shower and/or bathtub.
2. Compartment bathroom
The main purpose of this bathroom is to avoid humidity. This is why the bathtub or shower are separate from the toilet and sink. This bathroom can accommodate two persons at the same time since it is two different rooms.
3. Guest bathroom/Powder room
It is also known as a guest bath since it only has two fixtures which are the toilet and sink to accommodate guests. This bathroom is usually located near the living room.
4. Large bathroom
This bathroom is ideal for couples. It can be a four or five fixture bathroom that contains one or two toilets, a bathtub, and two sinks.
Questions to Ask Remodelers Before Hiring and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
1. Are you licensed for this type of work?
This is the most important one for plumbers and electricians. Ask your contractor for a copy of their license and contact its issuing authority to confirm whether it is in good standing or not.
2. Which types of insurance do you carry?
There are a few specific answers you would prefer to hear in response to this question. First, the contractor must have general liability insurance that will come in handy in case of an accident during the project or construction. An example scenario would be where they accidentally hit a water line which flooded your house. You want to know that they’ll be the one to take responsibility for the costs of the damage. Second, the contractor should also carry workers’ compensation insurance. This will protect you from liability if someone got hurt while working on your property.
3. How many building permits have you obtained in my area over the last two years?
Make sure your general contractor is familiar with your local building code requirements and the permitting process in your community. It’s important to find a contractor who is credible and has recently worked within your area.
Confirm that your contractor is familiar with the permitting process in your community and local building code requirements. It’s best to find a contractor that has worked before in your area.
Basically you wouldn’t want to hire a contractor who is new and unfamiliar with the regulations of your town.
4. Can you provide a list of references?
Talk to former clients who have hired the general contractor you’re considering. Ask them about the process, as well as the final product. Discuss budgeting, timeliness, and professionalism.
Contact some former clients who have hired the general contractor you’re considering. Ask them about the process, budgeting, timeliness, professionalism, and of course, the final product.
Lastly, ask them “would you hire this contractor again?”.
5. What is an expected timeline for this project?
It is essential for you to know when the contractor will begin and end the project, especially if you have an ideal deadline. Ask about any circumstances that may push back your deadline. Ask how many projects they’re currently handling. Also, make sure the timeline is realistic.
6. Will you hire sub-contractors for the job?
General contractors often need to subcontract work out to plumbers, electricians, painters, and other specialists, especially if the project will start from scratch. Check references for every person they will hire, know their names and what type of work they do. Verify their credentials and make sure that they also have the necessary insurance requirements. Also establish how communications will work with you. Will everything go through the general contractor or will they be coming to you?
7. What kind of written warranty do you have?
All credible contractors will guarantee their work and will have a written warranty agreement. This should clearly disclose what is covered in the build, what is not, and for how long. A one-year warranty is good, but two years would be better. A separate warranty will come from the manufacturer of the building materials.
8. What’s your typical payment schedule?
Don’t pay the entire price upfront, even if they offer a discount for doing so. Discuss the budget and payment terms before the work begins. It should include payment amounts, due dates, and key deliverables.
9. Will you obtain all of the required building permits?
Permits and inspection requirements vary depending on the location. This may include a county, city, or even HOA approvals. especially remodeling projects that change the structure of a home. A reputable general contractor should know the required building permits which they should handle directly for your project.
10. Will you provide a written lien waiver at the end of the project?
A lien waiver is a legal document that confirms you have paid the general contractor and all sub-contractors for all the work that was done in the project. It waives the signer’s right to file a lien on your property. Basically, it is the construction industry’s version of a receipt.
How to Choose Your Contractors and Find Remodeling Contractor Quotes Near Me
- If you are planning on being your own general contractor, it is really important to choose each contractor carefully.
- Get referrals. Contractors who have already worked in your area will not only know the local code but will have an established reputation.
- Check for manufacturer certifications. Some material companies will certify contractors who have been properly trained to use their materials.
- Check them out ahead of time. They must be insured and licensed and able to produce the paperwork proving it. Also check out their Better Business Bureau rating. Also look at the ratings on Yelp and Google. Read the one and two star reviews (some of them are not really legitimate complaints – look for the ones with real issues) and look at the overall rating.
- Don’t just pick the lowest bid. You won’t be planning to redo this remodel while you own the home. Your guarantee will only extend to materials that have been properly installed so you want quality workmanship. Find out what kind of warranty is on your materials. There should be a workmanship warranty as well as material warranties from the manufacturers.
- Good communication is necessary. Choose a contractor that will return calls and talk with you about issues before and during the process.
- Get it in writing. Your written bid should have a clear scope of work and a tight price range. Read the small print and ask about the process for out of scope costs and price overruns.
- Don’t put up with a high pressure sales pitch. Professional contractors should give you the opportunity to look at their bid, compare it with others, and do your own research. Be wary of anyone who offers a “today only” special or requires that your spouse be present for the sales pitch (they don’t want you to be able to say, “I have to discuss this with…”).